Get your hiking boots and ascend Old Rag with Dr. Cuddeback! At the summit, he will give a talk on the universal call to holiness and the role of nature in living out that call. This is a challenging hike with rock scrambles and steep grades. This event is for young adults only. Please register below to receive updates as the event approaches and to provide us with an accurate head count.
The general timeline is as follows:
- 8:15-9:00 a.m. Arrive, eat breakfast (we’re providing bagels & cream cheese)
- 9:00 a.m. Hike begins!
- Lunch and talk at the summit (please pack your own lunch)
- 4:00(ish) p.m. Arrive back at the parking lot.
- Please park first, pay for your entrance fee* second, and THEN come eat bagels with us. Handling payment regarding the entrance fee right when you park will allow us to start the hike promptly at 9:00 (like for real 9:00!)
- *Unless you have an annual pass, there is an entrance fee. If you carpool, the total cost for everyone in the car is $30. If you drive alone, the cost is $15. Credit card is accepted.
- The parking lot fills up FAST, try to arrive at 8:15 or as close to 8:15 as you can. If the main lot fills up, spillover parking opens up onto neighboring private property, but this costs $10 per car (parking in the regular lot is free).
- To find us, look for the big 12-passenger van with a “CATHOLIC” license plate and a Vatican flag on the roof….you won’t miss us 😉
- The address for the parking lot is 2577 Nethers Rd, Etlan, VA 22719